In April 2015, an unidentified cat died after ingesting astragalus powder.
The cat, named Astrigalus, weighed about 200 pounds and was a black and white female.
The cats’ owner was unaware of the cat’s illness, but doctors were able to save her.
“They were really close, and she was just like, ‘Oh my God, I’m so sorry, I couldn’t do this,'” Dr. John Dickson, who was the veterinarian at the time, told ABC News.
“We thought that maybe this was just a cat bite.
But we actually found out later that she had been in and out of the emergency room with a fractured spine.”
Doctors at the hospital found that the cat was still alive when they removed her skull, and a cat surgeon said that the surgery was a “miracle.”
The cat was given a spinal cord reconstruction, and was able to move her leg.
Dr. Dickson said that she is currently the only cat in the world who has been successfully treated with astragalax.
“There is a great stigma associated with the word cat,” Dr. Davey Anderson, an emergency room doctor in Dallas, told the Associated Press.
“It’s the epithet that most people hear when they hear the word astragaline.”
Astraganas skull has also been restored to its original shape, according to Fox News.
Dr Dickson believes that a large number of cats in the United States are now able to walk normally.